Mamiyeva Sevinj Alim gizi, Researcher, department of landscape studies and landscape planning, Institute of Geography named after academician G. Aliev of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan (31 G. Dzhavida avenue, Baku, Azerbaijan), email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. In the modern relief of the area under investigation one may quite obviously observe an anthropogenic impact that significantly changes the relief and ecogeomorphological situation. Morphometric features of the territory determine the development mode of exogenous processes. In order to reveal morphometric tensity the article analyzes morphometric data that allow to use the latter as indexes at complex ecogeomorphological estimation of mountain countries’ relief.
Materials and methods. On the basis of processing literary and archival materials, field data, obtained as a results of decoding images from space of 1:1 000 000 and 1:200 000 in scale, as well as author’s laboratory and field materials, collected over a period from 1998 to 2013, the researcher performed mapping of horizontal and vertical ruggedness of averaged inclinations of the northeastern slope of the Minor Caucasus.
Results. Morphometric tensity of the northeastern slope of the Minor Caucasus has been estimated according to the accepted 5-point scale. 5 points has been given to the territory embracing steep slopes within 900–1200 m. Differentiation is especially strong in the dividing zone in the region of the Gyamysh and Murovdag mountains. Areals of the Pantsky ridge and the Geygelskoe plato are distinguished by the 4-point tensity. Relatively medium tensity of 3 points is typical for the territories embracing the Bashkend-Dastafyurskaya kettle. Weak tensity of 2 points is typical for the territory of Shamkirskoe rising, and the territory embracing the Predmalokavkazskaya plain is distinguished by the weakest tensity of 1 point.
Conclusions. The results of the morphometric tensity analysis of the modern relief allow to quantitatively substantiate the selected blocks-segments. The results are extremely necessary at geomorphological research in mountain countries, as well as general estimation of the ecogeomorphological situation.
1. Likhacheva E. A. Geomorfologicheskie sistemy: svoystva, ierarkhiya, organizovannost' [Geomorphological systems: features, hierarchy, organization]. Moscow: Media – Press, 2010, pp. 176–181.
2. Novakovskiy B. A., Simonov Yu. G., Tul'skaya N. I. Ekologo-geomorfologicheskoe kartografirovanie Moskovskoy oblasti [Ecological and geomorphological mapping of Moscow region]. Moscow: Nauchnyy mir, 2005, 72 p.
3. Kruzhalin V. I. Ekologicheskaya geomorfologiya sushi [Earth’s ecological geomorphology]. Moscow: Nauchnyy mir, 2001, 176 p.
4. Khalilov G. A. Vestnik BGU. Seriya estestvennykh nauk [Bulletin of BSU. Series: natural sciences]. 2002, no. 1, pp. 210–215.
5. Alizade E. K. Zakonomernosti morfostrukturnoy differentsiatsii gornykh sooruzheniy vostochnogo segmenta tsentral'noy chasti Al'piysko-Gimalayskoy shovnoy zony: avtoref. dis. d-ra geogr. nauk [Regularities of morphostructural differentiation of underground structures of the eastern segment of the central part of the Alps-Himalayas seam zone: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of geographical sciences]. Baku, 2004, 53 p.
6. Alizade E. K. Geomorfologiya [Geomorphology]. Moscow, 2001, no. 1, pp. 22–30.
7. Khalilov G. A. Izvestiya NAN Azerbayzhana. Seriya nauk o Zemle [Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan. Series: earth sciences]. 2004, no. 2, pp. 103–107.
8. Shirinov N. Sh., Khalilov G. A. Izv. AN Azerbaydzhanskoy SSR. Seriya nauk o Zemle [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijani Soviet Socialistic Republic. Series: earth sciences]. 1977,no.6,pp.3–11.
9. Alizade E. K., Tarikhazer S. A. IV Mezhdunarodnaya konferentsiya «Ustoychivoe razvitie gornykh territoriy: problemy regional'nogo sotrudnichestva i regional'noy politiki gornykh regionov» [IV International conference “Sustainable development of mountain territories: problems of regional collaboration and regional policy of mountain regions”]. 2010, no. 3, p. 236.
10. Antonov B. A. Izv. AN Azerbaydzhanskoy SSR. Seriya geol.-geograf. nauk i nefti [Proceedings of the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijani Soviet Socialistic Republic. Series: geological and geographical sciences and oil]. 1955, no. 6.
11. Budagov B. A. Sovremennye ekzogennye protsessy [Modern exogenous processes]. Kiev, 1968, part II, pp. 47–53.
12. Mikailov A. A., Alizade E. K. Fondy In-ta geografii NAN Azerbaydzhana [Funds of the Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Azerbaijan]. Baku, 1990, 210 p.
13. Museibov M. A. Uchenye zapiski AGU im. S. M. Kirova. Seriya geol.-geograf. nauk [Proceedings of ASU named after S. M. Kirov. Series: geological and geographical sciences]. 1959, no. 2.